Re: RARA-AVIS: SMALL CRIMES AND DRAGON TATTOO

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "gsp.schoo@..." <gsp.schoo@...> wrote:

    > If it doesn't work out, could we get a government bailout?
    >
    > Or should we write stories about murderous writers dissatisfied with
    the blurbs they've purchased?

    We should spread the wealth: a lottery of blurbs and whatever you get, you get. Can you imagine Thomas Pynchon getting an Anne Rice blurb? Or a romance writer getting Ellroy blurbs?

    As to a bailout, you would have to be part of the "real economy", from which the public is excluded. That is why I suggested making securities out of packages of blurbs and then marketing them.

    Best,

    mrt