Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: New list for vintage paperback collecting...

From: Steve Gerlach (stezzariffic@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2008

    I agree.

    The sooner we scan these old classics, the safer they will be for future generations.

    Steve

    ________________________________ From: jacquesdebierue <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, 21 November, 2008 10:18:22 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: New list for vintage paperback collecting...

    Interesting list... now, some of those old PB are getting scarce. I think a scanning project should be in order, just to preserve them, or at least the rare ones that have never been republished (and not likely to be, either). A fair amount of stuff should be coming out of copyright in the next decade, if it hasn't already.

    Have you guys explored Google Books and other book repositories? You could find reading material for a lifetime, and they've barely scratched the surface.

    Of course, even more urgent is the scanning of the pulps. Now, that's quite the task...

    Best,

    mrt

          Make the switch to the world&#39;s best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail