Re: RARA-AVIS: SMALL CRIMES AND DRAGON TATTOO

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2008

    On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:45 AM, Allan Guthrie <allan@allanguthrie.co.uk>wrote:

    "I don't have the list to hand, but I recall that the one which made me think of Patterson was the idea of the 'reward' aspect of brevity: short words, short

    sentences, short paragraphs, short chapters, all of which go towards making the reader feel more confident and wanting to read more."

    So THAT is the secret to Hemingway's success.

    Thanks Al!

    (tongue removed from cheek)

    Brian