Re: RARA-AVIS: SMALL CRIMES AND DRAGON TATTOO

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 19 Nov 2008

    Well, technically he's an author. The author is the person whose name appears on the book. The writer is the person who does the writing. They're frequently thought of as being the same person -- and usually are -- but that's not always the case. You'll find quite a few rara-avians who have written books where they're not credited as the author. Patterson does a lot more writing than some authors. And the writers get co-credits. But call Patterson an inventor or a manager, that's fine. He's often called a factory and/or a brand too.

    Anyway, here's a recent article on Patterson should you wish to explore further: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/james-patterson-publishers-are-lost-in-the-middle-ages-926598.html

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "jacquesdebierue" <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com>