RARA-AVIS: Re: half-time job for mystery novelist

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Nov 2008

    Hi, Mark. I don't perceive a general anti-academic bias. There have been comments about the view, held by some academics, that popular literature (hardboiled included) is somehow different from "real" literature. This is a valid criticism, in my opinion. Other than that, I don't think anybody has criticized academia or literary criticism as a whole, though there have been occasional jokes about jargon,
    "theory", deconstruction and such. There are quite a few academics here, by the way...

    It probably doesn't need to be spelled out, but the list does welcome academics.

    Best,

    mrt