RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled EQMM/AHMM

From: Bill Crider (macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 17 Nov 2008

    Geoff wrote: "I haven't picked up a copy of Alfred Hitchcock or Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine in a while. Do they print many hardboiled/noir stories?

    "They certainly don't let any swear words in so I imagine it might be a bit rough these days."

    Yes, it's obvious you haven't picked up a copy in a while. They do allow swear words these days, and they do publish hardboiled stuff now and then. By the way, are swear words a requirement for hardboiled fiction?

    Bill Crider