Re: "Grimly Existential" as Opposed to "Noir" (Was: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Comic Book)

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 10 Nov 2008

    In a message dated 11/10/08 9:20:29 AM, gbaeza@gmail.com writes:

    > I guess to me noir is more of a sensibility, a style, or an outlook
    > instead of a mere collection of plot ingredients that must go into a
    > given title so it can be stocked in the correct bookshelf.

    yeah, me too. it's a worldview. a grimly existential one. although
    "grimly" and "existential" is kind of redundant, isn't it? can one be joyfully existential? philosophy wonks, weigh in

    John Lau

    ************** AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.
    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holid ays-from-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)