RARA-AVIS: Re: Type Size, Publishing Realities [was: Stark House reprints - which

From: Rick Ollerman (rick@ollerman.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2008

    What's bothering me since I read the original post is that the type size in the Stark House books isn't any smaller than most other mass market paperbacks. To my naked eye it appears the same size. I can find books with slightly larger or slightly smaller sizes. You can't realistically condemn Stark House without painting most everyone else with the same brush.

    What an odd and unfair criticism. For just about any book not written by Robert B. Parker or Dick Francis, you're probably going to be dealing with the same print size. Just wait until you pick up copies of the Gold Medals. Make sure you have your eyeglasses handy.