RARA-AVIS: Re: The Age-Old Question asked once again...

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Nov 2008

    Geoff,

    Re your question below:

    "When it comes to crime fiction...What does 'noir' mean to you? What does 'hard-boiled' mean to you?"

    I've been over this enough times on this forum that I think I'll just spare my brother and sister Rare Birds a recap.

    However, I write a column for MYSTERICAL-E, called "I Like 'Em Tough," about hard-boiled and noir crime fiction. You can read my second column, in which I define terms, here:

    http://mystericale.com/index.php?issue=064&body=file&file=like_em_tough.htm

    In my third column, I wrote about film noir and its relation to noir in prose. You can find it here:

    http://mystericale.com/index.php?issue=071&body=file&file=like_em_tough.htm

    Hope that helps.

    JIM DOHERTY