RARA-AVIS: Re: Bragging time: signed Gil Brewer...

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Clinton" <clinton65@...> wrote:

    > This list has never been about bragging about collectible
    acquisitions...I
    > suspect we all have items in our respective libraries that would
    make many
    > among us envious. But we all restrain ourselves so the focus can
    remain on
    > genre discussion and not become a show-and-tell.
    >
    > Having said that, however....I must share a recent purchase.

    Good story and good find... By the way, the list does not disallow comments on things one finds, or that one has in one's collection. You mention a book, no matter why, and a discussion will likely ensue. And collectibles are collectible for good reason, usually. I don't collect anything anymore, but for many years I did (records and books, mainly). One day the thrill was gone, perhaps when I packed them or unpacked them once too many. But I can't guarantee that the bug is dead. Probably dormant.

    Best,

    mrt