Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Crichton Passes

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "J.C. Hocking" <jchocking@...> wrote: I read each of them so fast that the pages started to smoke. I doubt I spent more than three or four hours on either of them and found both gripping enough that I didn't pay much attention to their faults until I finished the last page. Great vacation reading.
    > If they were huge epics or prolonged series I could see the style
    growing tiresome, but there's something to be said for that kind of pure readability.

    I would never hold readability against a writer... it's like holding excellent hosing skills against a firefighter!

    Best,

    mrt