Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Crichton Passes

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2008

    Both of Hard Case's Lange titles, Grave Descend and Zero Cool, are light-weight, arguably even silly, thrillers.  It's pretty easy to nit-pick their plots and presentation. But. I read each of them so fast that the pages started to smoke.  I doubt I spent more than three or four hours on either of them and found both gripping enough that I didn't pay much attention to their faults until I finished the last page.  Great vacation reading. If they were huge epics or prolonged series I could see the style growing tiresome, but there's something to be said for that kind of pure readability.
      John