Re: RARA-AVIS: Bon Cop/Bad Cop (was Banff)

From: Steve Novak (
Date: 03 Nov 2008

    The notion of 'purity' when speaking about a language, any language (spoken, written...) is no only moot nowadays, but positively inscribed in a cultural and political context...

    We have had this discussion before on rara-avis and I would only refer anybody interested to the writings of Bill Labov, 'father' of sociolinguistics, U of Penn, or any other sociolinguist such as Penny Eckert
      Steve Novak