Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Another cop turned writer

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 29 Oct 2008

    Gene Roddenberry was a cop? Never knew that.

    Another cop who retired to non-fiction co-writing (The Corner) and TV
    (The Corner and The Wire) is Ed Burns. Both of those were done with former Baltimore Sun reporter David Simon, who also wrote Homicide: Life on the Streets, and later worked on the series. And if we expand our corps of those with "direct knowledge of the mean streets" to reporters, we've got a bunch more, although I'm blanking on them right now.

    Another real life PI (to be added to Hammett and Gores) is Sean Chercover.

    Mark