Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare Books Continued - Somebody's Done For

From: Richard Moore (moorich@aol.com)
Date: 28 Oct 2008

    E. Richard Johnson was a fine crime writer with most of his novels written from his prison cell.

    E. Howard Hunt is another, although his prison term came after most of his early crime novels. He did publish novels after his release from prison.

    Of course, ex-con Chester Himes is one of the greats.

    There have been many former law enforcement officers who wrote novels.
     Paul Bishop has been a detective with the LAPD for thirty years and Hugh Holton (1946-2001) was a police officer in Chicago who wrote eight novels.

    Richard Moore

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Thornton"

    <jvorzimmer@...<jvorzimmer%40austin.rr.com>>