Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare Books Continued - Somebody's Done For

From: Sandra Ruttan (sandraruttan@gmail.com)
Date: 27 Oct 2008

    If experience was required in order to write convincing fiction, almost all the crime fiction books we'd read would have to be written by criminals.

    Experience can get in the way of the writing. A variation of this can be seen when writers include self-indulgent content in a book because in their research they learned something that they found particularly interesting and they had to use it, even if it didn't contribute effectively to the story being told.

    Sandra

    --
    THE FRAILTY OF FLESH Nov 08 Dorchester
    http://www.sandraruttan.com/