Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare Books Continued - Somebody's Done For

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 27 Oct 2008

    While I might agree that there are occasions where Goodis could have researched better (it's not a big bugbear of mine, though -- I don't expect or want realism from Goodis), I disagree with the implication that you need to have experienced what you write about to be convincing. Authenticity, for fiction, is in the details, and not in who experienced them.

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Vorzimmer" <jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com>