Re: RARA-AVIS: Death Wish

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 26 Oct 2008

    I should probably elaborate a little on my criticism of Death Sentence. This book actually made me angry. The main character just wanders the streets hoping random strangers will come after him so he can shoot them. On his second time out he shoots a guy who was trying to steal his car. Instead of feeling bad about shooting a guy who wasn't attempting to commit a violent crime and probably would have run away once he found out the car's owner had a gun, he just goes on his way. That's not self defense, that's murder plain and simple. The entire book seemed like an exercise in simpleminded fearmongering.