Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Apply Now: Banff International Literary Translation Centre

From: Mark R. Harris (brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Oct 2008

    I believe that English-language subtitlers know that the sound-to-print comparison will happen, so they are careful. The subtitles for The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner very accurately match what you hear, and therefore employ more words than the usual foreign-language-to-English subtitles, which frequently compress the spoken language quite a bit.

    Mark

    --
    Mark R. Harris
    2122 W. Russet Court #8