RARA-AVIS: The Detective Book Club

From: John Stickney (stickney_jj@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Oct 2008

     Recently I've stumbled across a 1950-1960 hardbound book series from the The Detective Book Club - each volume contains three  novels - one volume included a novel by Lionel White (Invitation to Violence),  Alan Amos (Fatal Harvest) and Doris Siegel (How Still My Love).  The series seems somewhat akin to a reader's digest version of bestselling novels. Can anyone tell me something about this series?  Are the novels abridged versions of the published novels?