Re: RARA-AVIS: Non Fiction about Crime Fiction

From: tomarmstrongmusic (tom@tomarmstrongmusic.com)
Date: 20 Oct 2008

    I will second this, Willeford's autobiographies are excellent. 'I Was Looking For A Street' is sort of hazy, melancholic and elegiac, as it covers his childhood and adolescence. 'Something About A Soldier' on the other hand is very sharply remembered, as he covers his years in the army in the 1930s. many outrageous and hilarious episodes and observations, as he does a lazy peacetime tour in the Filipines, then joins the cavalry stateside. a really great read.

    Tom Armstrong www.tomarmstrongmusic.com

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"