Re: RARA-AVIS: NYC Pulp Book Show

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Oct 2008

    Nice haul! Those Starks are uncommon, and exceptionally good even by the standards of the Parker series.  The Seventh is my favorite Parker novel. I believe that version of The Name of the Game is Death is the "nicer" cleaned up edition, re-written from the original to form the basis of a series.  But that's just what I've heard as I haven't actually read that edition.  The original seems to me to be one of the finest hardboiled novels ever written. Which one will you read first?
      John