RE: RARA-AVIS: Non Fiction about Crime Fiction

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Oct 2008

    Right, and I should have labeled the three I suggested as biographies, not autobiographies. I've also read the ones suggested below (though the only Willeford I've read is the biography WILLEFORD, not either of his autobiographies). Gruber's piece is especially interesting, though I've heard comments over the years that his book has been disputed in its accuracy of some of its players. But taken for what it is, it's an interesting early look at the industry and a writer's life.

    Ron