RARA-AVIS: Re: new member sez "how 'bout that Dan J. Marlowe"

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Oct 2008

    "Ron Clinton" clinton65@comcast.net ronclinton65 wrote:

    << I'd say the Killian books are better than his latter OPERATION series books...but both series pale to his standalones, particularly those
     chosen for reprint by Black Lizard (and including as well -- though to lesser degree -- FOUR FOR THE MONEY). If you're expecting the Marlowe magic
     seen in these works to be found in the Killian books, you're bound to be disappointed.

    Ron C.

     [mailto:rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On
    > Behalf Of tomarmstrongmusic

    > Disruptive has recently reprinted a bunch of Dan J. Marlowe books,
     his
    > Johnny Killain series. are these worth picking up

      I see that Stark House has published a Gold Medal three-fer, one of the three being Marlowe's VENGEANCE MAN, a pretty good stand-alone entry from him.

      -(the other) Duane
      www.pulprack.com