Re: RARA-AVIS: Naked Noir

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 17 Oct 2008

    Jordan wrote:

    "I've seen Double Indemnity and Strangers on a Train, what among the remaining films is key for me to see?"

    I'm looking forward to seeing the rare ones I haven't seen, many hadn't even heard of, but I'd highly recommend several I have seen: They Live By Night (based on Anderson's Thieves Like Us, later adapted by Altman), Detour, Sunset Boulevard and Night and the City. Kiss of Death is worth seeing or Widmark's debut, but I've never been a big fan of the movie overall, either version.

    Mark