Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Hardboiled financial?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Oct 2008

    Jim wrote:

    "Didn't E. Howard Hunt write a series about a hard-boiled CPA who solved crimes when he wasn't doing audits or something? Can't recall the name of the character off-hand, but I'm sure Bill Crider would remember."

    The character was Steve Bentley, which Hunt wrote under his Robert Dietrich pseudonym. I have a beat up Dell copy of Mistress to Murder(with a McGinnis cover), but haven't read it yet.

    And under the name Mark Sadler, Dennis Lynds wrote a series about a private investigator who plied his trade in a corporate setting. Can't remember if any of those corporations who employed him were financial, but given Lynds's leftist politics, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

    Mark