RARA-AVIS: Is the world full of Mordida Men?

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Oct 2008

    I couldn't help it. Ross Thomas's _The Mordida Man_ was at the top of a box, I opened it and the usual happened. Why does this 1981 political intrigue novel feel so contemporary to me? Are the rackets the same with differenf names and perhaps slightly different, er, fields of endeavor and achievement (read: fucking things up real good in a for profit way)?

    Anyway, just my periodic Thomas experience. The guy was damn good.

    Best,

    mrt