RARA-AVIS: Walter Mosley

From: Busted Flush Press (bustedflushpress@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Oct 2008

    My favorite Mosley hero is Socrates Fortlow.  Crime fiction doesn't feature enough strong elderly characters, that is, without them being in cozies and playing bridge, knitting, or other such "golden years" activities.  The character is so original... Socrates has been released from prison for a crime he DID commit, and is now finding it difficult to find a job... he's such a noble figure and one of my all-time favorite crime-fiction heroes.
      The Socrates Fortlow books: ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, ALWAYS OUTGUNNED (filmed for HBO, starring Laurence Fishburne) WALKIN' THE DOG THE RIGHT MISTAKE
      David
      David Thompson Busted Flush Press, LLC P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 www.bustedflushpress.com bustedflushpress.blogspot.com(BFP's blog)