Re: RARA-AVIS: Derek Raymond

From: Keith Sparrow (ksparrow@buckeye-express.com)
Date: 13 Oct 2008

    So, David. Start with Factory 1 or what. Never heard of Mr. Raymond. Seems worthy of a read, at least til your latest gets here.

    Keith Sparrow Sparrow's Nest Books Toledo, OH

    www.bibliomania.net

    David wrote:
      I've been working my way through his factory series (out of order)
      with "I was Dora Suarez" next, and this so far is easily the best
      crime series I've seen from the last 25 years, and Raymond is becoming
      one of my favorite writers within the crime genre. There are certain
      themes that are present in the books I've read so far--physical
      decline, the inevitability of death, cruelty and compassion, and his
      writing has a poetry and verve that's unique, as well as an
      audaciousness that at times leaves me laughing out loud. This is
      really great stuff, and people here who haven't read him, I can't
      recommend him highly enough.

      --Dave Zeltserman
      .
      Recent Activity