RARA-AVIS: Re: Elmore Leonard honored at Fitzgerald Conference

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

    > I noticed in an ad in the Washington Post's Book World that Leonard is
    > receiving the F Scott Fitzgerald Literary Award at this years's F Scott
    > Fitzgerald Literary Conference held Oct 25 at Montgomery College in
    > Rockville, MD. George Pelecanos, Laura Lippman and Susan Cheever will
    > also be participants:

    I'm glad for Leonard. Speaking of top guys, the Nobel prize for literature is coming up... as I do every year, I wonder if they'll every give it to one of "our" guys, notably, Cormac McCarthy, Leonard or Bradbury. Not having given it to Bradbury before is a scandal.

    I do hear people mention The Road in connection with the Predicament.

    Best

    mrt