RARA-AVIS: Re: Lester Dent story in upcoming BLACK LIZARD BOOK OF BLACK MASK

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Oct 2008

     "J.C. Hocking" jchocking@yahoo.com jchocking wrote:

    << I think the two tales Dent sold to Black Mask are little
     masterpieces of hardboiled prose. I'm very interested to see this earlier version, but it's kinda tough
     for me to imagine it being much better than the version we already have. Bring it on.

    I agree. It's hard to imagine either of those two stories being improved upon. But seeing an earlier version -- before it had been "Shaw-ized," I suppose you might say -- will provide an interesting look at the process of creating a classic story.

    - Duane