Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Reading List, October 2008

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 01 Oct 2008

    That's the one problem with small presses that makes me wait until their titles are effectively available through Amazon or similar outlets instead of pre-ordering. I've had too many unpleasant experiences paying for books that don't come out when they're supposed to or sometimes never do.

    That's why I was hesitant to mention these two hardboiled titles from Moonstone that should have come out but still haven't to my knowledge:

    Sex, Lies and Private Eyes (edited by M.A. Collins and with a pretty good lineup of writers) http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Private-Eyes-Allan-Collins/dp/1933076453

    and

    Partners in Crime by C.J. Henderson and Joe Gentile (the hook here is the use many characters from old time pulps and radio. Henderson, btw, is a pretty good hardboiled writer that I haven't seen mentioned on this list) http://www.amazon.com/Partners-Crime-C-J-Henderson/dp/1933076445/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

    -Gonzalo B.

    http://www.ecwpress.com/reviews/hamilton_spectator_reviews_darwin039s_nightmare