RARA-AVIS: Re: RIP Paul Newman

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Sep 2008

    Newman will be missed. He did many worthy things in a long career. Personally, I think his performance in The Sting is the jewel in his crown. A couple of months ago I saw (most of) a movie with him playing an old con who feigned infirmity and managed to escaped and ended up pulling a caper with younger guys. I can't recall the title but it was a good movie and he was very good in it. The kind of movie that probably didn't make a big splash.

    Best

    mrt