RARA-AVIS: Framed

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 21 Sep 2008

    I just watched the 1974 film Framed starring Joe Don Baker. It's about a gambler who is sent up for killing a cop. Contrary to what the title implies he actually does kill the cop, but it's self defense. When he gets out he goes after the people who sent the cop to kill him. It's based on a novel by Mike Misenhimer and Art Powers, who my cursory research shows were inmates in an Indiana prison. They also collaborated with a couple of other inmates on a non-fiction work called "An Eye for an Eye," which was published in the 70s. I can't find much on the novel, however. Has anyone read it? Is it any good? It seems to have been forgotten.