RARA-AVIS: Crumley and Willeford

From: Brian Lindenmuth (blindenmuth@gmail.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2008

    I saw the following exchange in the comment trail of a blog post yesterday and thought it interesting. It became one of those little things that you wind up thinking about more then you thought you would when you first read it.

    1) "...Shugrue and Milodragovitch. Reminded me of Charles Willeford and his books featuring Hoke Moseley. Funny and scary."

    2) "I don't think Willeford was quite as good as the best Crumley, but he was pretty darned good. And New Hope for the Dead is one of the all-time titles."

    Any thoughts on this brief exchange?