Re: RARA-AVIS: James Crumley RIP

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

    > Damn shame. I still think Last Good Kiss is the best PI book of the
    > last 40 years or so, and Dancing Bear wasn't far behind.

    True. His writing had a special quality that can perhaps be described as "momentum". The gift of the poet in disguise, very likely. Chandler had it and Crumley had it. Some guys have a volcano inside of them, and if they're able to channel its eruptions in a controlled fashion, the writin can be incredible. Crumley will be much missed.

    Best

    mrt