RARA-AVIS: Re:Hardboiled with pets?

From: Mark D. Nevins (nevins_mark@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Sep 2008

    Arguably not "hardboiled," but several dogs play important roles in Lawrence Block's "Keller" stories (see HIT MAN, HIT LIST, HIT PARADE, and, I think, a new one I haven't read yet.).

    We discussed the Keller 'series" here a while back, and I recall there was not much enthusiasm for it.  Personally, I really enjoy these stories (preposterous as some of them are--I think "realism" was one of the critiques offered here), and in fact "Keller in Therapy" may be one of my favorite short stories ever, not just in the mystery/crime genre.

    Best, Mark Nevins