Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Argentinian noir (wasThe 3rd Voice/All the Way)

From: E.H. Borgers (ehborg@gmail.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2008

    Speaking of Argentinian noir, I recommend an offbeat film about a young street cop who join the force to more or less escape his troubled life. Ordinary corruption, ordinary daily life and a realism close to verism most of the time. In cheap quarters of a suburban city of the province of Buenos Aires, and you really can feel the sticky air of the precinct poorly equipped.

    title: EL BONARENSE (2002) director: Pablo Trapero

    E.Borgers POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir/