Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Edgar Allan Poe

From: Edward Pettit (epetti01@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Sep 2008

    > What happened to Boston? Massachusetts? Lest we forget! Everywhere
    else, except where he was born and died, Poe was just passing through.

    And Poe's gypsy-like life, moving from place to place is why I think his Legacy is up for grabs.  Which place had the greatest impact on his writing career, on his imagination, on his creative juices.  I think Philly has the best claim.
      Here's the piece that started all this brouhaha from the Philly City Paper.  Duane Swierczynski was the editor at the time: http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/10/04/were-taking-poe-back
      Ed
      The Ed & Edgar blog, my adventures in the cult of Poe at The Bibliothecary http://bibliothecary.squarespace.com/