RARA-AVIS: Re: The 3rd Voice/All the Way

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Gonzalo Baeza" <gbaeza@...> wrote:

    > Do you know where I can find more information about Noir City DC? Do
    > you know what other films will be on the program?
    >
    > BTW, on Sept. 18 AFI Silver will be screening the Argentinean noir
    > film La Seņal (The Signal). I've heard it's good and I definitely plan
    > to see it.

    Speaking of which, let me recommend the excellent thriller _Nueve reinas_ (Nine Queens, literally), also from Argentina. I had had the DVD for several years and finally watched it recently. There is something of Westlake in the air, impeccably acted and scripted. I have not seen _La seņal_ yet.

    Best

    mrt