Re: RARA-AVIS: Steve Fisher - No House Limit

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Sep 2008

    --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Randy Krbechek <randyk@psnw.com> wrote:

    I wasn't overwhelmed by "I Wake Up Screaming," but this made me want

    to explore more by Fisher. The endnote is written by one of his

    sons, who reports that his father wrote 90 to 100 novels, over 900

    short stories, and 120 movies or TV screenplays. The son reports

    that, in 1946, the family lived three blocks from the house in which

    Bugsy Siegel was killed.

    This is interesting. A similar claim is made by Donald H. Wolfe, author of THE BLACK DAHLIA FILES, who, in that book, advances a very peculiar conspiracy theory around Bugys Siegel and Elizabeth Short and an LA Police cover-up. Apparently several future writers grew up in close proximity to the mansion owned by Virginia Hill Where Siegel was murdered 5 months after Short's melodramatic demise. I wonder if anybody left alive really knows anything about these crimes that has not been brought to light?

    Patrick King