RARA-AVIS: Dan Marlowe (was: Re: Jim Thompson recommendations?)

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2008

    Ron, I agree about Never Live Twice, Vengeance Man, and Strong Arm. I'll have to look for Backfire. About Endless Hour--I've heard other people rave about it, and maybe I'll have to reread that one, but wasn't too fond about it the first time I read it. Years ago I thought I hit paydirt finding a stack of Marlowe's Operation books at a used bookstore, and was disappointed in the lot of them, partly because they lacked the fierceness of Death, and partly because of the softcore porn stuff he threw into them.

    --Dave