Re : RARA-AVIS: Political thrillers - Mandel

From: E. Borgers (webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 22 Aug 2008

    As I'm never sure if my messages reach the List, I'll be short. The books by Mandel on crime ficition are rather well known. I've read two of them (long ago - French translations) and I was far from convinced. Besides interesting ideas about "class" literature, I had the feeling Mandel did not know very well the scope and large field of the crime ficition and their authors.
      E.Borgers POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir/\\