RARA-AVIS: summer reads

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    Since summer is winding down, I was hoping some people might share some of their favorite "summer reads" (from this summer or another), you know, just trashy diversions. For instance, Severance Package neatly answered that need for me this summer. Al's Hard Man, too. It was during a summer long ago that I read the first few Hiaasen (which is spelled with 2 A's and 1 S, by the way) books, before I burned out on him. (By the way, it was Striptease that turned me off him, too.)

    Anyone got a recommendation of one last summer read for me?

    And speaking of Hard Man, Al, a long time ago you mentioned that an editor suggested that you change the ending of a book, you liked the new ending idea better and went with it. Was that Hard Man? If so, what was the original ending?

    Mark