Re: RARA-AVIS: The Dark Knight

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "davezeltserman" <davezelt@...> wrote:

    > Mr T, you're coming awfully close to dragging Rara Avis into a best
    > actor debate! A case could also be made for DeNiro, and even for
    > Dustin Hoffman based solely on his performance in Straight Time, as
    > well as a number of actors including Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
    >
    > Sadly, if you took all of the films where Nicholson had great
    > performances like The Crossing Guard, The Pledge, Prizzi's Honor,
    > Carnal Knowledge, Ironweed, The Last Detail, Chinatown, etc., the one
    > piece of crap film he made with Adam Sandler, Anger Management,
    > probably outgrossed them all combined.

    And don't forget the wonderful services he provided to Diane Keaton in that worse than silly movie whose name I fortunately have forgotten... a relatively recent waste of time. I think it made some money, too.

    Seriously, relax guys, we're gearing up for Mosley Month. Have yawl dusted up your Mosleys yet? We're gonna be strict on homework. And after that, Florida month, serious business, Nicholson-free.

    Best

    mrt