Re: RARA-AVIS: The Dark Knight

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Patrick King <abrasax93@...> wrote:

    <<I agree with you, Jack. I thought Ledger's performance was stunning. But star power is a funny thing. The guy I talked to thinks Nicholson is the greatest living actor. He actually told me that. Certainly Nicholson has been very good in 5 Easy Pieces for example.>>

    Nicholson has been in more masterpieces than any other modern actor I can think of. And in each he has held his own admirably. He has more range than Brando. People tend to associate him with hardboiled roles, where of course he shines, but he has done many different things. I mean, The Shooting, Carnal Knowledge, The Passenger, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, About Schmidt, The Shining, Chinatown, Prizzi's Honor, Ironweed, The Departed, etc. etc. I have no trouble pronouncing him the reigning king of American movie actors. He is extraordinary.

    Best

    mrt