Re: Father Figure (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Positions still open)

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    Work and family are intertwined in the Prager books. Moe meets his wife because of his work, and then (and I hope I'm not giving too much away) loses her because of his work. The storyline that runs through those books is very similar to the sort of family drama that characterizes Ross McDonald's Archer novels, only the detective is part of the damaged family as opposed to being an outsider.