Father Figure (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Positions still open)

From: decastro3 (decastro3@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Ed Lynskey <e_lynskey@...> wrote:

    > I remember the shift from first person to third person narrative
    voice in TIN ROOF BLOWDOWN took some getting used,

    I thought he handled those shifts in POV masterfully. And I liked Tin Roof Blowdown, but it could have been so much more in my opinion. About halfway through the book, it seemed to shift from a story about this cast of characters struggling in the aftermath of the disaster to a typical Robicheaux story with him chasing down one of Burke's typical psychopaths. The first half of the book is much more interesting...though the denouement was pretty powerful stuff, too.

    Tony