Re: Father Figure (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Positions still open)

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 13 Aug 2008

    By his own standards Sallis is neither a hard-boiled nor a noir author. He honestly considers himself a "literary writer". Got this straight from the horse's mouth last year when I had him signed on to be on the Bouchercon Noir Panel (along with Vicki Hendricks, Bill Cameron, and Ken Bruen) and he abruptly changed his mind at the literal last minute and backed out, citing the fact that he really wasn't a noir/hb guy.

    I know he was a guest author of the month here years back, but there you have it.