Re: RARA-AVIS: OT: interesting true crime article

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Aug 2008

    --- On Mon, 8/11/08, Nathan Cain <IndieCrime@gmail.com> wrote: Interesting story, but I'm surprised the writer missed the fact that the quote below is an aphorism from Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. That's not the sort of thing a New Yorker writer should miss. In fact, it should spark a 4,000 word digression from the story at hand.

    "When you fight monsters, be careful that in the process you do not become one."

    Particularly as Robert Ressler paraphrased it in the title of his seminal work on profiling serial killers: WHOEVER FIGHTS MONSTERS and distinctly attributed it to Nietzsche. I guess the New York Times is using nepotism to hire writers again!

    Patrick King